Sunday, 14 May 2017

MMW#25: Anything Mixed Media Goes with a Twist (Moodboard)

Hello! 

Welcome back to our challenge blog! We start our May challenge with a fun moodboard prepared by Irena and although this twist of ours is totally optional, it would be great to see you being creative and interpret it in one way or another. 

Before we get to the fabulous inspiration for this challenge, I'd like to thank to those who entered the last challenge. All of your creations are wonderful! 

Our Moodboard: 

Prize: £15 voucher from Wild Orchid Crafts

Georgie
image to follow

Inna
I made a mix media tag. I used a butterfly, jeans, blue and brown colors from the mood board.
I finally founded an application for my son's old jeans))))





I decided to decorate an album cover and make a coordinated card.
I love playing with fabrics and I am here to show you how I have used some of them in this project. I was inspire by the all colors and images from the Moodboard.
I have been testing a range of different fabrics including gauze, lace, polyester organza, jeans and linien fabrics. I have used texture pastes plus stencils, and a few other bits and pieces to decorate this album cover.





Are you ready for some fun in the sun? I know I am, so I was happy to see the beautiful mood board for the May challenge. Sand and surf, sunshine and denim, this mood board will inspire you slip into your summer cutoffs and grab a tube of Cerulean Blue!
My memories of the ocean come to me in waves of sound, so I decided to create a piece called "Beach Music' using a palette of blues and tans.





Maria
I created an eclectic greeting card with mixed media background. It is inspired by the images of jeans with butterfly and the jute roll. The text chipboard "Palju õnne" means "Congratulations" in Estonian and I tried to color it in accordance to the beautiful shades of blue from our spiritful May moodboard.




Ola
This mood-board is so inspiring! So many pieces that I really love! So I decided to create a canvas using all those elements. On my canvas you'll find denim pocket, cord, twigs and some kind of butterfly :)




Torsa
Here is my project to match with beautiful sea theme -" Life is wonderful at beach " !! I love the serenity , sunshine , sand and salty water !! Just perfect for spending vacation !! Can't wait for that ..




I used the blue and brown colours from the mood board. This is my favourite colour combination therefore it wasn't hard to create a layout for our May challenge. The butterfly and the natural look and feel was so inspiring. I used one of my brand new paper sets that fitted perfectly to the theme. 
I hope you like the romantic result





WOW! Amazing as always, Ladies! I don't know about you, but I am totally feeling inspired to rip up those jeans and have a go myself! I hope you have a go at this month's challenge. We shall look forward to seeing your fabulous designs. Plenty of time to enter too so enjoy your creative time and we'll be back soon to announce the winners of the last challenge! 

Stay creative! 

Ingrid and the fabulous MMW DT! xxx 


3 comments:

  1. WOW WOW AND WOWSSS!!!
    Outstanding designs here ladies!!! Each is so full of textures, colors and absolutely inspiring yumminess!! Thank you all so much for your creativity and talent you share!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many imagination, congrats girls !

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the wonderful inspiration :)
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x